Ah, there’s a good question! And there were many of us here at church on March 26th trying to figure out the answer. Well, the accomplishments of that day are easy to list:
– A clean fellowship hall and kitchen.
– A newly poured step outside by the playground.
– Progress in painting the walls of the rear stairwell in the Church House.
– A winter-cleaned cemetery.
– A reorganized Randolph Room after the winter-worship season.
– A leveled ground in the garbage corral.
– Safety plates over several light switches in the Randolph Room.
– Safety lids over electric boxes in the basement and in one of the organ chambers.
– A painted bathroom vanity and a painted closet door.
Do I need to list more? It was just incredible what we accomplished. But more than that: we had a Boy Scout troop led by Mary and Frank Eckert with us, thereby building bridges between the generations. We had the Property Committee work side-by-side with the Women’s Guild, thereby adding a fun competition to into the mix. And we had the feeling that, finally, spring had arrived, at least if judged by the fact that this was a tremendous spring clean-up.
So what was good about it? I guess all of the above. And so I can only say “Thank you” to all of us, who helped to make this happen.