Our hearts are not made right by good deeds, our good deeds spring from hearts made right by the love of Jesus Christ. Let your deeds be truly good.
If your church or organization is seeking to minister to vulnerable children, families or communities, there are a few things you really must know…
Against the extreme backdrop of sub-Saharan Africa and the HIV/AIDS crisis, Journeys of Faith shares applications of best practices in caring for those in need wherever your group seeks to serve.
In the format of a small group study and in an easily read magazine-style publication, Journeys of Faith provides a great platform for meaningful dialogue among participants interested in understanding ~
- Who are the orphaned and vulnerable
- How to effectively strengthen families and communities
- Raising awareness and inspiring action
- Principles of partnership to make a real difference
- Effective short term missions practices
What Journeys of Faith is NOT ~
- A call for donations or support of any organization
- A guilt trip
Journeys of Faith is practical, research-based wisdom to inform participants seeking to do true good. Please consider forming a group and engaging in an evaluation of the materials to support the requirements of the grant obligation funding these educational efforts.
- A facilitator (no particular skills needed, a coach and facilitator’s guide will be provided)
- At least 7 other people to join the group
- Completing an on-line pre-test by each group member before seeing any of the materials
- At least 4 group discussion hours before May 1, 2014 (organized any way best suited for the group, i.e., all at once or spread over a period of weeks)
- Completing an on-line post-test for each group member after reading, about 50 pages in total, and discussing the materials
If you or a group you know will join in this thought-provoking and valuable assessment of these materials, please call Sherri Leonard at 973-906-6723 or email to email@example.com.
Thank you for reading this and prayerfully considering your participation.